Monday, February 10, 2014

Wishing Away Time


I know it's poor form to wish away my days. To ignore the gift of the present moment for the idea of the weekend to come or the special event on the horizon. I've wished away a lot of time in my life. Although I don't regret it, I've tried to learn the lesson of being present.

But I'll tell you, waking up day after day to -8 and -14 degree temperatures with piles of snow and biting wind makes it really hard to not wish for the warm weather and wonders of spring! 

In an attempt to make the best of a record-braking, rotten winter, here's a list of good things about cold weather:


  • I'm fortunate to work from home and not have to go out in the weather.
  • When the sun shines it's super bright because it reflects off all the snow.
  • The delightful scent of wood smoke lofting through the winter air.
  • My kitty loves to cuddle for the extra warmth.
  • My sweet husband pre-heats the bed each night with the electric blanket.
  • I have an excuse to drink coffee all day long...for the warmth.
  • I have a warm, cozy home with more creature comforts that I can list.
  • Bundling up to go outside makes me feel like I've really accomplished something!

I know there are more but these come to mind as I anticipate the spring thaw while doing my best to show gratitude for every precious moment.