Thursday, January 30, 2014

Waking Up


I woke this morning at 6:08 a.m., before my alarm but it was okay. It didn't bother me. You know why? It was the sun! The actual sun! Breaking through the curtain every so slightly to wake me up!

We live in the Midwest, in the Chicago suburbs to be exact. Thanks to the Arctic Vortex we are having the most brutal winter I can remember. The subzero temps, even more subzero wind chill and add to those the long dark winter days...it's enough to wear on even the most positive spirit!

I can't even express how happy waking up this morning to the sun casting a golden light through the window makes me! As the daily hours of sunlight grow it gives me hope for the spring to come.

It's gone now, swallowed by gloomy gray winter clouds. But that's okay. For that brief moment this morning, before my alarm I was given hope!

49 days and counting!!! I'm making my list of outdoor activities now...what's on your list?