Monday, January 13, 2014

2013 Rewind

 Happy New Year!
Wow! I can't believe it's been over a year since my last blog post...shame on me! I promise I have a really great explanation, really I do! The last 12 months have been a whirlwind of excitement and activity. I know, I know...I should have been sharing all of them with you! Again, shame on me!

Last year, on Valentine's Day, my then boyfriend proposed to me. I knew a proposal was coming and that it would be a 'complete surprise when I least expected it', that's what he said every time someone mentioned the M-word. Let's just say, he's not THAT guy! He would never propose on Valentine's Day. So, he got me! He caught me when I was least expecting it and completely surprised me. Of course, I said 'yes'...squealed 'yes' was more like it!

That set into motion the wedding planning. We agreed we wanted either a spring or autumn wedding...we both hate the heat and humidity of summer and a Chicago winter just poses too many stressful obstacles. We came down to Autumn 2013 and soon had a date of September 28th!

I did a lot of DIY projects for our wedding. I had this whimsical image in my head of what our wedding would be. The ceremony would be outdoors, of course...with an indoor backup plan if the weather didn't cooperate. As it turned out, there was some wind but what did I expect when my decor centered around pinwheels?

The whole planning process proved to me that Andy and I are meant to be. We worked so well together. He helped me bring all of my ideas to fruition and really helped me stay sane. Long story short, thanks to the help of our parents, many truly amazing friends and our fantastic vendors we had the wedding of my dreams. I say 'my dreams' because it truly was exactly as I pictured in my mind, from the venue to the ceremony, the decorations to the cupcakes...exactly!

My husband and I are both in our 40's, neither of us have ever been married. The history of our friendship and romance is for another day but I'll have to tell it because it's a great story! Our ceremony was a beautiful expression of our love and the reception was a celebration of our new life together. It. Was. Perfect.

So, here we are, the happy couple with our official, signed marriage license!
Yes, those goofy expressions are what we look like all the time...we are just this ridiculous!

As for my Etsy shop, 2013 was a great year! And I have so many new ideas for 2014. I introduced earrings to match a few of my pieces and created a couple of sets. I think I'll be doing more of those this year. And I tested out a few new ideas on my unsuspecting friends and family for Christmas gifts. Stay tuned...lost of new stuff coming this year.

 Here are a few of my newest listings.
 Amethyst Earrings Fluorite Bracelet
 Fire Agate Necklace


So, that's what's been up with me. What are you looking forward to in 2014?