Saturday, November 17, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #96

Word Jewelry
from foundling

I'm grateful for grace in this world. I'm grateful for those people who face adversity, regardless of the magnitude, with grace and compassion.

I strive to be one of those women who always looks for the good and embodies grace in all situations. I know a few of those ladies and sometimes find myself thinking, "what would so-and-so do/say in this situation?"

And when someone treats me in an ungracious way, I try to put myself in their shoes and feel compassion for where they are in their journey. Sometimes I realize they are simply responding with a survival instinct in the only way they can in the moment. Those people I'm compelled to try to help with understanding.

Other times I realize they are just big ol' jerks!