Thursday, November 8, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #87

Recycled Floppy Disk Notebook
from WeAreBoundTogether
Today I'm grateful for email. It makes my work so much easier. When I first started working out of college, I remember having to save drawing files on floppy disks and send them overnight. That was the only way to convey information. Then we were able to use a modem that shared a telephone line with our fax machine and send files directly...but if someone interrupted the transmission by sending a fax, we had to start all over.

Now, we simply craft an email, attach a file and {zip} it's gone and arrives within seconds. And even then, I still find myself becoming impatient when something takes longer than usual to transmit. Hence my need for gratitude for how much more efficient work is with email.