Sunday, September 2, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #20

Today I'm grateful for my iPhone! It's my...
         my phone                    my camera                         my map                    my games
         my phone                     my books                        my editor                    my brain!

It's my brain...Once any piece of information goes in...a phone number or appointment...it leaves my brain completely. One might argue that it leaves my brain available to contemplate more complex and relevant issues...like what to write for my next blog post. Without my iPhone I would be lost.

In a lot of ways I'm a very organized person...stop laughing! I like having everything in it's place so I can easily reach out and have it in hand. You may not know it by looking at my desk but those piles are organized! I remember making the transition from my paper calendar and address book to my Palm Pilot...remember those? I had to force myself to leave my Day Runner at my desk and figure that electronic gadget out. It wasn't long before I traded my Palm and (horrible) Nokia cell phone for a Treo. It was all over from there!

Critics can say what they like about technology destroying our society blah, blah, blah...I like it. I like having all this information in my hand. I like being able to look up the answer to that trivia question and end the suffering of the answer just out of reach. It's great to look at the real time weather radar and know if the dark clouds are for real or just an idle threat. Sure, life may have been more simple before technology made information so accessible. But then there were no Angry Birds or Pocket Planes!