Saturday, September 1, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #19

Best Friend Scrabble Tile
from SugarLaneShoppe
I couldn't possibly be more grateful for unexpected friends! When I first met Rachel back in college she made me crazy! We were at polar opposite ends of the spectrum. She was too happy and I was very angry and dark. In fact, I scared her...a lot!

Fast forward 16 years and I found myself standing at her front door for a New Years Eve party. I had reconnected with my college crush, who just happened to be one of her dearest friends. I'll never forget the look on her face or the knot in my stomach when she opened that door. Neither of us knew quite what to expect. It was magical!

It's been almost three years since that door opened and I can barely express how grateful I am that it did! In that long weekend a connection was made that will surely last a lifetime. I'm completely blessed and forever grateful to call her friend!