Wednesday, August 22, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #9

Screen Print Sign from SpoiledRoyalStudio
It seems like such a superficial thing to admit but this morning, I'm immensely grateful for...coffee!! I love coffee! I love everything about coffee! I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things Coffee! Everyone is welcome to follow!

I love the smell of freshly ground beans, that rich aroma when the drive thru window at Starbucks opens up and my coffee maker with the timer that wakes me with the smell of freshly brewed coffee! I adore my French press...for some reason I feel fancy using it! I drink far too much and enjoy every sip. I take it black, no cream, no sugar (or nasty sweetener).

I recently discovered The Pioneer Woman recipe for cold brewing iced coffee concentrate, which is to die for! Here's a brief recap:

Ingredients

1 pound Ground Coffee (good, Rich Roast)
8 quarts Cold Water

Preparation

Place ground coffee in a 2 1/2 gallon container. Add cold water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for eight hours or overnight.

Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. I use coffee filters instead of cheesecloth...change them out as they get too clogged. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.

Place coffee concentrate in the fridge and allow to cool.

To make an amazing iced coffee...I said amazing, not calorie conscious!
Pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill the glass 2/3 full of the coffee concentrate. Add a healthy splash of half-and-half and 2-3 Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Stir to combine. Adjust half-and-half and sweetened condensed milk to taste.