Tuesday, August 14, 2012

101 Days of Gratitude - Day #1


Today I'm expressing Gratitude for the gift of soul filling love in my life. I count myself extremely blessed to have connected with a man so amazing I couldn't imagine him in my wildest dreams. We met 20 years ago this autumn when we were in college. I knew when I met him that he was special. At that point I didn't have the confidence to tell him so or the self-awareness to express my feelings. I graduated that following spring and life took us in separate directions.

Sixteen years later I received a Facebook friend request and there was Andy's face smiling back at me. I needed those years to realize my dharma, learn a few life lessons and prepare my spirit for this love. What developed is a deep, true and fulfilling love. He makes me laugh. He helps me to see the joy in life. He comforts me, he encourages me and he sees me for who I am. It's a love I not only feel, I know it to the core of my being.

I am so grateful to have Andy in my life, to be with him every day, to share, laugh and love. It's truly a gift and I am beyond blessed.