Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad



My dad and I have always been close. From what I'm told, it's typical for fathers and daughters to have a special bond. We're a lot alike and I'm not sure if it's nature or nurture...it just is. So, on this Father's Day I want to share with everyone what I've learned from my Father.

15 things I learned from my Dad:
  • Always eat dessert first, that way you know you have room for it.
  • You can get away with saying almost anything as long as you have a smile on your face.
  • Sometimes, it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.
  • Cars need oil.
  • Strive for perfection even if it seems an impossible goal.
  • Pump the brakes.
  • A flat head screwdriver is not a suitable substitute for a chisel.
  • Coffee is best enjoyed with friends.
  • The project isn’t done until you clean up the mess and put all the tools away.
  • If you’re 10 minutes early, you’re on time…if you’re on time, you’re late.
  • Mowing the lawn is a Zen experience…as is working in the garden.
  • Plan for the worst and expect the best.
  • Telling a story is an artform.
  • The more “stuff” you have the more you have to take care of and the more you have to break down.
  • If you’re going to do the job half-way, regardless of how big or small the job, you might as well not do it at all.

My Dad's always been there for me when I really needed him. I only hope I can show him how much he means to me. 

Love, Sis