Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Feature -
Jackie from Glory Be Herbals



I'm so excited to share Glory Be Herbals on Etsy with you in this week's Friday Feature! Jackie has been selling her herbal and aromatherapy products in her Etsy shop for 4 years. She holds certificates from the Heart of Herbs herbal and aromatherapy programs. Jackie is very passionate about Herbs and Essential Oils after experiencing the remarkable difference they made in her life. She loves sharing her experience with others and would love to see more people incorporate natural products into their lives. With that, Jackie took some time to share her passion and insights with us!

Q: Your shop name says a lot...how did you come up with that name?
Jackie: I firmly believe that plant medecines are a gift from God and wanted to refelect that in my shop name.  I wanted to make a statement that herbalism is for all religions and people.  I think a lot of Christians think of herbalists as Witches and they fall into the trap or relying on pharmaceuticals for everything.


Q: How did you get interested in Herbs and Aromatherapy?
Jackie: My interest in herbs started when I was a Senior in High School.  I won't say how long ago that was but my daughter is now a Junior in High School. I dabbled with it for decades but have been working with it seriously for about 8 or 10 years now.

Q: What prompted you to start an Etsy shop?
Jackie: I actually started with Hyena Cart and eventually found out about Etsy.  I have had my best success there.

Q: What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Jackie: It's so hard to pick a favorite but I think my JOY aroma perfume, cold cream and scar treatment ointments are truly unique and I am very proud of those creations.

Q: Now for the juicy questions...What inspires you?
Jackie: EVERYTHING!  Inspiration comes to me from everywhere.  Sometimes it's a color or new essential oil, sometimes I just create out of sheer need.


Q: Tell us about a favorite moment or sense of accomplishment related to you work.
Jackie: When I created the cold cream.  I had just infused some chamomile flowers in olive oil and it smelled so heavenly I had to make something special with it.  I love what I do and I have made many wonderful friends on Etsy.

Q: What advice would you offer someone interested in getting involved with your area of interest?
Jackie: Be passionate about what you do.  Join a team and be active in a community.  It's great support and you will make friends with some fantastic people.
     

Q: What do you do when you’re not working on your shop?
Jackie: I'm a postal worker by day.  Mom, wife, doggy mommy and avid gardener in my free time.

Q: Are there other places online where we can connect with you?
Jackie: I'm all over the place!


GloryBeHerbals on Etsy
GloryBeHerbals on Twitter
GloryBeHerbals Blog
GloryBeHerbals Hyena Cart
GloryBeHerbals ArtFire Studio
GloryBeHerbals Facebook
Jackie's IndiePublic Profile
GloryBeHerbals YouTube