You certainly know 'that person' who seems to be incredibly lucky. They make all the right choices and have nurturing relationships and a seemingly perfect life to show for it. Have you ever wondered how everything falls so perfectly into place for them? It's not luck, it's the manifestation of their ability to follow their intuition. Their intuition guides them toward the right decisions and they embrace that guidance and trust their intuition.
So, how do we do that? How do we develop recognition of our intuition and learn to trust it's direction?
Here are a few tips:
- Be Present: focus on the very moment you are in. Don't fret over the past or the future. Be present in the only moment that is reality, the one you are in. This will help to clear your mind of clutter and allow you to be open to intuition.
- Intention: set the intention to notice your intuition. Recognize your desire to become aware of your intuitive insights. In time you will begin to notice the feelings, knowledge and messages from your intuition.
- Meditate: clearing your mind of thought and worry while accessing your subconscious will help open you to your intuition.
- Silence: dedicate time to being in silence. It's difficult to recognize intuition when your brain is filled with noise. Like meditation, clearing your mind of noise will make it easier for you to recognize your intuition when it manifests.
- Nature: spending quiet time in nature is especially effective in quieting your mind.
- Breathe: it seems so simple, maybe even silly. When you read the word, did you find yourself taking a nice deep breath? We do it involuntarily all day long. But take a moment to really Breathe. Breathe in through your nose, filling your lungs to the very bottom. Pause at the end of the breath for a second or two...don't hold your breath just feel the sensation of your lungs filled with air. This should be comfortable. Breathe out slowly through your mouth, letting all of the air escape your lungs. It cleanses...physically, mentally and emotionally. Stay tuned for a future post dedicated to Pranayama breathing...it's beyond amazing!
- Journal: take note, literally, of random thoughts that come into your mind and specific feelings your have throughout your day. If you remember your dreams keeping a journal can be helpful in accessing your subconscious. You don't have to assign meaning to the dreams. The simple act of recounting them and writing them down is enough.
- Practice: give attention throughout your day to opportunities to use your intuition. It can be as simple as using intuition to choose which route to take to work, which errands to do first or which line to choose at the grocery.
- Anchor: choose an item, such as a piece of jewelry or a key fob, to remind you throughout the day to be present and aware of the messages your intuition is giving you.
I'd love for you to share some of your intuitive moments the comment section below!