Saturday, May 26, 2012

All Kinds of Healing!

Anne Brawley Emerson is an amazing and gifted healer, artist, teacher and author. She heals with holographic repatterning that clears the beliefs and behaviors that create limitations in life. During my session yesterday, Anne discovered  a misalignment and disruption in energy flow with my Sacral, Heart and Throat Chakras all stemming back to emotional repression patterned into my DNA for generations...what a mess! I left my session with Anne feeling calm and at peace. It also stirred some physical ailments that started, interestingly enough, with a scratchy throat earlier this week...my Throat Chakra had enough!

I've never suffered from allergies unless you count the time when I was 5 years old and ate every strawberry in the patch resulting in terrible hives! In the very early spring when the maple trees bloom I get a little sneezy and congested but this spring I've noticed a lot more symptoms...sneezing accompanied by watery eyes and upper respiratory issues. A few days ago my throat felt scratchy like I just couldn't swallow hard enough, which has developed into a lot of sinus congestion.

This morning Andy suggested I try my Neti Pot...why didn't I think of that? I have all of these resources around me and just don't think to use them...perhaps I need to be more aware of what my body is telling me...something to ponder. Anyway, I thought of other tools I have around and don't think to use and ended up pulling Louise Hay's book Heal Your Body from the shelf. For anyone unaware of this book it offers new though patterns to replace negative emotions. I looked in the alphabetical list of ailments and body systems to see what she has to say about allergies and upper respiratory issues...all I can say is...WOW! My issues according to Louise's book: "Emotional congestion. Denying your own power." Hmm...Interesting!

Taking all I've learned over the last 24 hours I'm breaking out the Neti Pot and focusing on key affirmations from Heal Your Body. I'll let you know how it goes! If you're wonder, the affirmations are: I am one with ALL OF LIFE. I am at peace with life. The world is safe and friendly. I am safe.

For anyone unfamiliar with the Neti Pot it's a divine instrument! Some people consider it gross, some find it strange but even Western medical research confirms it works! A Neti Pot has been used for centuries in yogic practice for nasal irrigation to clear allergens and irritants from your sinus passages. The best tips I can give for a successful Neti Pot experience is to use non-iodized salt...I use sea salt, and remember to keep your mouth open while you do it. This 1) allows you to breath and 2) stops the water from pushing on your eustachian tube and causing pressure in your ear. Here's a video that shows how easy it is...kudos to Courtney for being such a good sport and sharing her first time with a Neti Pot!



And I know you're wondering...Yes, I still LOVE strawberries!
~Namaste

p.s. Check out Anne's amazing Passionate Journey card and guidebook set. She combines amazing collage images and poetry designed to connect you to your soul, your intuition and your inner wisdom. It's fabulous!